Friday, February 20, 2009

White Shoes Forever

"I don't believe you still wear those shoes!" exclaimed Shane when he stopped by from Vietnam en route to Vegas. He bought the antiques back in 1984 at a Kelly Magleby yard sale, used. Brandon inherited them when Shane went on his mission in 1990.

My first encounter occurred in 2000 when Brandon took me, in the LUV, with him to copy some papers for work. He was dressed to the nines in a pair of blue windbreaker pants, the white shoes, a t-shirt (it may have even been the cow shirt), and his grandfather's mustard colored Mr. Rogers sweater jacket.

Eight years later, while remodeling our upstairs, Brandon asked me to cut some wood. I informed him I didn't have any shoes, or socks.


"Just slip on my white shoes." he told me.

Of course I laughed and went back downstairs. When I relayed the event to my good friend, Amor, she said it best, "he asked you to put your feet where?!"

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!! That is absolutely hilarious. Brandon, I know I'm taking a risk by asking: are you thinking the time has come for the white shoes to be retired? Just a question ... I'm a lover of comfort myself, but even I have limits. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, there needs to be proof that at some point in harrison history those shoes were in fact white. Second, which will last longer the shoes or the LUV?

    ReplyDelete