Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The new yard

Last spring was a bit crazy, and it was not just the strange cool weather and then the quick heat wave.  Brandon and I decided that Madelaine needed a place to play outside that wasn't a dirt pile sprinkled with sticker weeds and holes where trees formally lived.  So we spent ten weekends digging, tilling, transplanting, building, and moving much soil, mulch, and waste inorder to create a backyard paradise.  When I say we I mean (Brandon, me, and our awesome family members who were crazy enough to come and spend hours working.)  This is a special shout out to them!  We couldn't have done it without you!  Thanks!!!


This spring the results of all our hard work speak for themselves. 

3 comments:

  1. WOW. Seriously. WOW. I can't wait to walk in that grass. I might even take my shoes off. I can't stop looking at the picture ... WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that grass unbelievably green. Thats the hydroseed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think grass gets any greener!!!! It looks like a backyard fit for a queen!

    ReplyDelete